Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2 days at Shasta

Hopefully the water won't be excessively released this summer.I plan on fishing it in the fall(houseboat).a trip we have done the past 15 years.shasta can be magical in the fall.lets hope the levels don't drop TOO low. :)

Winter: Roseville, CA. Spring - Fall: Douglas, City, CA.
    Post Thanks / Like

Lil Richey, Thanks for the report! I'm fishing Shasta this coming Friday and this really helps out. Much appreciated. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Water level isn't too bad.... I'm guessing it's down about 50' but I think its better than it was last year at this time...

Post Thanks / Like

great shasta report.thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I think as the water conditions improve those copepods will diminish. Sounds like you had a good time there. How is the level of Shasta doing? I have heard that it is better for now, but might be wrong on that......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

2 days at Shasta

Just got in from a couple of days at Shasta. The rainy weather kept the jet skis and wake boarders off the water and made for a couple of great days of fishin. I had some work to do while I was up plus Mama and the pooch aren't cold weather types so I went solo.

I hadn't been up there for a while so I trolled several different areas but found most of the fish in the area of Beaver Island (Bridge Bay) and No Name Island. The water was surprisingly warm at about 72 degrees and 30 ft (+ or - 5 ft) *seemed to be the magic depth. The UV Humdinger and the watermelon colored Cripplure were the hot lures. As far as numbers, I honestly lost track but I'm guessing somewhere in the 30-35 range for a total of about 12 hours of fishin. There's a ton of the small kings (12-14") in there and anytime I went below the 35 ft mark, that's usually what I caught. Several of the trout had their fur coats on (copepeds I think is what they're called). Some we're so bad that I would even consider throwin them in the box. *:-/ *Wish there was something they could do about that....