Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loon Lake 5/29

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Loon Lake 5/29

Hey Ken,
    Great job getting into the fish!!! I always seem to forget to pull the flashers out even when the bite is tough. Even though your Kokanee Killer Flashers put more fish in the boat than the other set up at UVR a couple weeks ago.

JMat

Post Thanks / Like

Fished it today with granddaughter,nephew and his friend.Ken was right about the fishing it is doing well. The red plankton was in full bloom. The fish were all hold overs and two were browns. If someone wants to take a kid and have a fun day I suggest you try Loon Lake at the upper end from the top to 33ft. 75 % of the fish came on top.Running Ken's Watermelon worm harness behind watermelon dodger.

Capt.Ken

Kevin, they have a real nice dock there now. the ramp is in great condition.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin the last time I was up there they were installing the systems for a dock and a ramp for the physically impaired to enter a boat.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Very good report and pics. Well done. I haven't been there in a few years. Still no dock?
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

Capt.Ken

Freon--the rod is well broke in!! Hats off to you!! thanks for building it for me. [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Were the campgrounds open??
    Mickey--Go back to the top and read the first line. :D :D :o :o [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Capt. Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics and post Ken, congrats on putting your clients on some nice fish ;)
    Have you tried that light rod out yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Ken
    guys over the past year we have heard about and been there when people have died because of the rocks. *so please be carefull.
    Capt. Ken
    Nothing like hitting a rock when going 30 mph and taking the bottom of your boat out :-[ Good warning Ken ;)
    Not to mention good report Ken, way to put your clients on fish, and quality fish too :D Were the campgrounds open??

Capt.Ken

guys over the past year we have heard about and been there when people have died because of the rocks. so please be carefull.
    Capt. Ken

Post Thanks / Like

ditto on the rocks- elephant sized boulders that the glaciers pushed out to the middle of the lake. Watch depth ands slow down and scan when In 30-40 feet of water. Some of those boulders make great photo-ops when the level is right.

Goncratulations on the catching, thanks for the report!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast