Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Slappin big cutts with fur and foam!

Nice pictures. Looks like you guys did good out there and had lots of fun. We were up a little further and only saw about 6 fish caught. I got my first on the "sissy stick" as well on Sunday and it was a much better fight and way more personal. Nice post.

Post Thanks / Like

Captain Caddis... letting his hair grow out. That is the funniest thing I've read on here in a long-long time. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I really burst out laughing when I read that.

Ed, you are absolutely right. The fight those fish put up on the "magic wand" is like nothing you can compete with on trolling gear... jigging maybe. I am so badly in need of another ten pounder, I can't hardly go to work. I think hooky might be in order. I'm seriously jonsin for another pig. The boat may stay parked for a while. By the way, you get a pass, I know your not a sissy. I just don't like the purist snobs. >:( Sorry folks, that is what some of them are. I talked with the ultimate snob the other day ago. He went to the point of demeaning anybody who was indicator fishing. "They might as well be using a nightcrawler under a bobber," he said. :-? :P I just patronized him and nodded my head, not letting onto the fact that I would use nightcrawlers if they would let me.

Eric, too bad we didn't run into each other. We've somehow not met in all our travels. I'm sure the lines will intersect someday. I know what you mean about the little clay mound or whatever it is. It fooled me once or twice with the fly rod too.

Post Thanks / Like

Really cool- nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow sweeet Mike!!! Tying flies also, man watch out! I only got one hit on a midge but yanked it outta it's mouth! Were they hitting close to the ladder like 20 feet out in the murky water or further out in the clear? I had the edge of the shelf about 20 feet out with a little grass patch that would give me a nice fake hit every time I brought the lure past! One time I did the Bassmaster pro set and almost fell off the ladder ;D ;D ;D There were definitely tons of folks out there and everyone we met were pretty pleasant. Congrats again brother and good luck, Eric :)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Mr. S....Very nice. But I won't call you a sissy ;D
    "Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll go fishing"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Compassion

Wonderful pictures Mike. You are becomming an artist. Those are some nice cutts. Looking towards getting a fly rod my self. Let my hair grow a little. Maybe a pony tail. Change my handle to Captain Caddis. ::) Looks like you sure had fun.

CC

Richard i'll bring my fly rod to P-fest and you just use it for a while and see if you like it. I'll pick it back up in a few months or so. Its a newbee rod,Sage 9ft 5w something.

Mackattack

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, that is awesome! Nothing like catching a fish on your fly. When I get back in the game, we need to hook up and do some fishin. Good luck and keep the good photos and post coming.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Only 100 ladders...........?? *!! *
    Holly Molly, what is it going to be like when it gets good ?? * *:o :o

Nice to see that you got into the fish and you could find a place to squeeze into. *It is nice when others will accept an outsider to join
    into the fun of the chance to get on on the fly.

With a little more practice, you will see why we old timers, refer to that sissy rod as the magic "Wand". *I have never matched the number of hook ups in my boat vs the fly rod.

When you hook up your first 10 pound cutt..............you will finally
    understand what it is all about.

Thanks for the great pictures and post.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, great pics, great report. It's always a treat to see those Pyramid Cutts. *;)

"Holy Cow! *This sissy stick thing works!"

;D ;D ;D

Post Thanks / Like

That's a real nice one you got there Sockeye! Were you wedged in there tight down by the ramp? Too bad we didn't find each other out there. We were out in the north sticks. Funny, cause when you were taking your mid day snooze, we were having our best action. Couldn't find a fish towards sundown. Congrats on the real nice cutt on the home tied beatle 8-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast