Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top Secret Fishing Spot

Quote Originally Posted by rpwlaw11

Got to the water at 11:00AM. Fished til the winds roared in at 1:00PM. Left at 2:00PM. Took home 4 Trout. Lost quite a few. Fish were on the top 3 ft of water until the winds came in. Then they were nowhere to be found... *:-?

Fish- Great reporting. Because of a late start. We hit Icehouse instead of Davis. The fishing was slow for us. Until we figured it out. The trout were on top of the water column for the most part. We did manage two off the botton using powerbait. But the rest came off the top, floating bait on top. Noting on lures. Just some followers, but no hits. The wind was cold as heck. We fished from 3 PM until 5 PM. Thanks again Fish. Because of your report, you saved our fishing day for a nice place to hit that was closer to home.

You're welcome. :D ;D ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Got to the water at 11:00AM. Fished til the winds roared in at 1:00PM. Left at 2:00PM. Took home 4 Trout. Lost quite a few. Fish were on the top 3 ft of water until the winds came in. Then they were nowhere to be found... *:-?

Fish- Great reporting. Because of a late start. We hit Icehouse instead of Davis. The fishing was slow for us. Until we figured it out. The trout were on top of the water column for the most part. We did manage two off the botton using powerbait. But the rest came off the top, floating bait on top. Noting on lures. Just some followers, but no hits. The wind was cold as heck. We fished from 3 PM until 5 PM. Thanks again Fish. Because of your report, you saved our fishing day for a nice place to hit that was closer to home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stonesfan
    OH, BTW, your Boss just called, she wants that report by noon
    tomorrow.......................................... ............................. :o

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]
    Too bad for her, and lucky for me...

Tomorrow is a HOLIDAY! ;D :D

Sooooo, I went out today. Got to the water at 11:00AM. Fished til the winds roared in at 1:00PM. Left at 2:00PM. Took home 4 Trout. Lost quite a few. Fish were on the top 3 ft of water until the winds came in. Then they were nowhere to be found... :-?

Sorry no pictures. Couldn't find the camera.

Post Thanks / Like

OH, BTW, your Boss just called, she wants that report by noon
    tomorrow.......................................... ............................. :o

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

blah. change of plans. we're going tomorrow (Sunday). :(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfan
    We're going to brave the winds and the snow? A few friends was hunting behind UVR yesterday and they came home because of a snow storm? Wish me luck...
    yeah... weather forecasts are for a chance of snow even during the day today, at elevations lower than you'd think... so anybody going up this weekend, BE PREPARED for icy cold and windy weather! don't need any frozen sniffers out there...

TB

Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing it! The wife let me out of the house tomorrow. Well, its 12:17AM. So TODAY! In a few hours my brother and I will be heading up there. We "should" be there at the break of dawn. We're going to brave the winds and the snow? A few friends was hunting behind UVR yesterday and they came home because of a snow storm? Wish me luck...

Will post reports when I get back. ;D :D

Post Thanks / Like

now thats what I'M talking about! someone read the post, went fishing and reposted to this thread! *;D

awesome job Bankangler! I'm glad you had fun. *:D

i'm BEGGING the wife to let me go this weekend... hoping for saturday... if not i pray for sunday. lol. i'll repost right when i get home. *;D

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats what i'm talkin about,fellow sniffer goes fishin,does very good and then posts results to let us "Once in awhile trout fishermen" *:-/ know there's potential to at least catch a few *;D ;)
    Yesterday my friend and i got there about 1:10 and fished till about 4:30.
    We start casting small artificials and my friend catches 1 right off the bat,i start gettin bit but struggle for awhile before 1 sticks.I decide to "bait up" with some powerbait and 1 takes it right away :o
    I was pullin the slack out of my line and the pole bounced a few times,
    i thought my weight was dragging acrooss loose rocks by the way it was bouncing till i set the pole down and the tip started to move so i set the hook and it was "fish-on" ;D ;D
    Over the next couple hours we could see fish circling periodically,my friend caught 1 more and i caught a german brown which slipped out of my hand and back into the water LOL ;D
    We both missed a lot of fish, but had fun.Ended up leavin with 2 rainbows and 1 german brown.

Empire- haha LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Cool pics and report - man I've tried Ice House a couple of times - just have not had any luck. I know most lakes can be unpredictable depending on where you fish. Where would any of you suggest fishing from shore?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast