Post Thanks / Like

Re: warner mountains??

I dragged a nice 'bow out of blue lak on my way home from the honeymoon last September. Shore fishing is kind of tough, but the fish are nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the posts guys!! I dont fly fish, would love to learn one day, but fish with the typical rod and reel, light test, spinners, p martins, and wild bait... Ideally would love to find a creek that still has some decent pools to fish, in addition hiking distance to a decent lake...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi jaf333
    I fished this area twice two years ago and hope to return this fall. What type of fishing are you interested in and what fishing gear do you prefer? If you are interested in stocker trout, Lily and Blue lakes are routinely stocked and are local favorities. The link that Capt provided you describe wild trout which are typically small and easier to catch if you fly fish. :)
    Cheers,
    Salvage

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

warner mountains??

Has anyone fished the warner mountains past susanville within the last couple years?? I fished it when i was a kid, Patterson lake and another one im not sure of plus the creek flowing in an out, and i m wondering if the lake is still productive and the creek flowing??
    Any info is greatly appreciated!!