Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    YakMotor

Re: C.A.S.T. Program what a good Time.

I was the photog for at least two CAST events held at Lake Berryessa in years past. I can attest to it being a very well organized effort enjoyed by all ... kids and volunteers! I believe it was a bass club or group of bass boaters who knew each other that provided many of the boats that ranged from small aluminum to larger pontoon patio type boats that were best for accommodating wheelchairs and other special equipment the handicapped kids required.

Sheesh, I can't even remember what time of year it was held ... hummm lake was full and it wasn't too hot so late spring to early summer. For someone interested in participating if info cannot be found online a call to the rangers at Berryessa would get you some leads on who to contact. I'm sure the organizers would appreciate any extra help.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to participate in the CAST event again. I beleive the kids had a great time. I know Ryan, the young boy I took on the boat really enjoyed his time out in the boat. His father also had a great time as well. We only caught one trout but I think that was due to the heavy boat traffic and how late we got out into the water.

If anyone in the future would like to donate their time for a young person who is less fortunate than others I would highly recommend the CAST program. The program was well organized and all involved were very friendly. We were serveants to the kids for the day and they deserved it! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job volunteering Woody! I didnt know about the event and that had to be the most boats Ive ever seen out there.
    Id like to volunteer next time.

I hope you were able to retrieve the rapala that I hung on your DR cable so that you at least earned something for the troubles(I think that was you- I was in the camo jon with the merc on it with my girlfriend) I hope that didnt cause too much trouble for ya - sorry it wasnt obvious that I had a longer third line out (not quite a long topline, but def. longer than my DR lines)

-Jeremy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Woody, I wish I could've been there.
    Unfortunately, like I said before, I had to work and couldn't get the day off.
    Next year I'll make sure to participate.
    Seeing how unfortunate and rotten lives some of those kids had been dealt, really makes you think twice before complaining about little bumps in our roads.

Post Thanks / Like

We participated in the CAST event at New Melones in early June, and it was all coordinated through the park rangers there. I know it is held at several locations around northern CA - here is the local contact who may be able to give you further details...

Ranger Leanne Bryan 209.536.9094 x217
    lbryan@mp.usbr.gov

We had a blast (kids and adults), and they hope for even greater participation with boat owners next year.

Reeltor

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go man that sounds like an awsome weekend not only for you but for every one. Out of cuiosity do you know if the program is national or if it is CA specific i ask because i would love to be involved but live in CO

Ben

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Woody. Those are fun events.

FishnMike

As Woody say's it was a kick. Real good time and the kids were great. Thanks for letting me know about the program. Will be there again.

Post Thanks / Like

thxx woody for the explanation. i, myself am handicapped. i have a good friend that makes sure i have the opportunity to fish every time he pulls his boat out.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Woody. That sounds like something we could do too so please announce the arrival of this event in advance next year. We have both participated in kids fishing derbys in the past but never with the boat. Sounds like fun.

Dee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast