Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Melones 2-16

well like Doc said it was a skunky couple days but the weather was nice the company was the best the food was very good and plenty to drink :DThanks to Super Dave for taking my wife and myself on his boat on Saturday and thanks to Doc for coming with us on Sunday and shareing all of his knowlege, and good to see Ilene too ;). And always good to see Mickey and Hammer, got to meet Fish for fun and his wife, Rongonefishing and dad and Rick and Anna. Someone reported on the radio that he had 4 in the boat and caught them on bacon and eggs ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late post. Just got in late last night. Only fished NM on Saturday. Rolled shad, pulled J7 rapallas, grubs, and half a baby nighcrawlers for no joy at the darn area. Trolled from the surface down to 50'.
    Then went and got lost, no lake map and my GPS had me trolling on hwy 49 when I was still on the lake, the boat was still wet anyhow... Ended up catching one 13" rainbow toplineing half a baby crawler on a #8 owner misquito hook. No flashers, blades, beads or spinners, just worm, and fished right in tight on the bank in the Angels Cove area... like I said, I got really lost looking for the 49 bridge. Luckily for me the nephew pulled out his IPhone, pulled up a map of the lake and I managed to find my way to the bridge without running into it or anything...
    It was great day weather-wise, and heard lots of sniffers on the radio. Nice to speak with you all. I'm a little shy on the radio, so didn't talk to many folks, sorry.
    Nobody sounded like they were having much luck... The fish must be further up river panning for gold or something ... Mark

SneakAttack

Slim-
    WATCH OUT!!!! There's submerged trees about 10 ft in front of your truck!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D I know, I've hung up on them many times... :-/

Great Photochopping there Slim!

SA

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty funny Slim, glad to see you have a sense of humor.....and then some. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'll go under to check out whats going on..

Going under.......

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we are heading up there Monday. Kathy is feeling well enough and want to go out out on the water. Don't expect to catch anything and it will be more to just get out for a while and play with some new products and enjoy the day.
    With the dismal reports maybe just trolling down the center of the lake is the better option? It worked last year, Who knows......
    Will have 5 rods out, 4 on DR and one on a side planer if the wind stays down.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I didn't want to say anything but Mickey had told me if the bite was slow he wouldn't fish Sunday.....I guess he didn't share that with doc. ;)

Note to self: A sneak mini fest is bad karma. :o

Post Thanks / Like

That's just great.... Mickey got skunked and now he'll probably start drinking again. I can't wait for Pyramid Fest. He'll probably end up hanging around my camp bumming beers. [smiley=wileecoyote.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

I blame it all on Mickey. Holding a sneak semi-fest is bad Karma.
    Kinda serves him right.....too bad it rubbed off on the rest of you :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

The skunk didn't stop at NM today. Fished with Martinez Frank and his wife and nobody got so much as a hit. SuperDave a bunch of lines in the water and managed 1 12" koke. That makes his boat the high liner for the trip. Most everybody else went home this morning or fished at Comanche.

I blame it all on Mickey. Holding a sneak semi-fest is bad Karma. ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast