Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Del Valle.... 2/10.

Those might be Salmon cruising around that deep. They will be around 5-8 pounds this year!
    We got a couple last year (4-6 pounds and GREAT fight) mooching for stripers!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that was my wife and kids and their new toy, an inflatable kayak, they were testing it out. It was not a mutiny.... I repeat it was not a mutiny! ;)

Hey Hi'TechKoke, ya it was only a few min's afdter we spoke and she hit the first one. I tried to call you and my vhf went blank, Forgot to charge batteies on my handheld. Was watching you guys and saw a couple of your fish. Who were you sending out in the kyaak. (sure I spelled that wrong) Since my wife was only one catching I could'nt afford to get her outa the boat. Great day and will see you out there again.
    As for JohnBfishin: I really tried using the crawlers. Still out fished.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5
    Wife, dog and me hit the lake about twelve today. First pass thru Heron and wife gets about 2 lb. She had picked this Rapala lure up about six months ago (Fire Tiger color) Said it was pretty. Now I have to admit that I've pulled this lure around since then for NOTHING. Second set with lure and she and she say's fish on, lucky for me it did'nt stick to long. Made our way over to the damm and again ldr. Then we just went around the lake for awhile. Wife finaly got one more fish about 3 lb. Me, I tried thowing the tackle box at it. Last pass thru Heron I got one that would'nt even come off the dr's (swing blade & crawler about 20 ft down.
    What I'd really like to know, around the damm area / white bouy. Anybody know what are those fish are, down around fifty to seventy ft deep. Sure mark a lot on the screen. Anybody pulled some shad or chovies thru there.?
    Anyway great day with sun and all. Water still real dirty.
    Hey 3.5 - you were the only radio chatter I heard all day. I was the one who responded to you from the Blue / Gray Boulton. I saw you hooked up pretty soon after we talked. We ended up with 4 fish so we were happy given the brown water. 3 of them came on the BB Rapala series (Fire Tiger and Brook Trout). Make sure to let your wife keep using it as they do work and that color is usually a hot pattern. Good takling to you out there.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

right on thanks,

I think it'd be a blast to tie into one of them on one of my koke rods-
    very doable because dragging a shad off the DR requires no weight.

I figure we oughta try this because I heard some guys were tearing the stripers up at Hogan running the same tactics we use for landlocked kings. (this was in the summer time though)

I'll report back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kokedealer
    any of you guys ever try rollin' some bigger shad through those big marks?
    The guys I know that target the stripers usually anchor up at the north end of the narrows and use live minnows off the bottom.

When I was there Sat. I did hear someone on the radio reporting a 25" striper to his buddy but I have no idea where or how he was fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Give it a shot kokedealer and let us know what you get.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Job!

any of you guys ever try rollin' some bigger shad through those big marks?

I think I'm going to run a rod with an e chip shad harness behind a big dodger(dodger off the ball) next time I'm over there

you have me anxious, thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear some of you had luck out there. *Myself, my son and my father in law made it out for alittle trolling. *We couldn't get a single hit. *We tried every j7 and j5 rapala we had in our boxes even cripplures for a big fat zero. *We did spot a nice size osprey or bald eagle back near the dam hanging out over looking the chocolate lake. *
    We seen maybe six fish on stringers included a nice eight pounder caught by a couple back at the dam. *They said it was caught to the right of the dam on bait. *All in all it was a great day on the water and the weather was perfect. *I say give this lake a week or two to settle and it should be caliente ;D

Post Thanks / Like

The general consensus is that the fish we are marking 50-70' are stripers.....some are pretty darn big. :o It's hard to get them to bite though. I have caught a 12#er near the dam using a red wedding ring and a crawler but for the most part I think they are looking for those 12" planters.

I'm glad you guys got into some fish.

3.5, you didn't mention crawlers to your wife? ;) ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast