Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Chabot 10/9/07

Thanks for the report ned. Thinking of heading out tomorrow morning. Anybody seen the lake since all the rain yesterday, hows the water clarity?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishing man
    ned red powerbait? never seen that before. can you get it at walmart? how long was your leader and how do you mold your powerbait? into a ball or do you make it like thin at the top and kind of rounder at the bottom like a cucon thing? thanks
    F_M
    Just make sure it's secure around and covers the hook. The more you play with it, the more human (bad) scent is on it. The bigest tip I can give to catching trout from the bank is to remember that as soon as the trout feels resistance on the line, it will spit your bait in less than a heartbeat.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to have 2 poles out. One with short leader and the other long. Im sure the plants are long due to the summer months at this time until the cold weather kicks in some more to kill the plants.
    I might go there sat. late in the afternoon a try. Will post reports if i go.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you can get the Powerbait at Walmart or Sports Authority (those are the two places I buy my Powerbait), the label on my bottle calls the exact color "Fl. Red". I just ball the bait on the hook, I don't really pay much attention to the shape, just making sure that i don't leave a hook exposed. The leader on powerbait setup was probably around 2 feet.

Sikk- I got there around 6 in the morning, but had no bites on the first dock. Seemed like most of the people fishing on the left side of the lake in front of the island had little to no action. You might want to try going down to Coots Landing.

-Ned

Post Thanks / Like

ned red powerbait? never seen that before. can you get it at walmart? how long was your leader and how do you mold your powerbait? into a ball or do you make it like thin at the top and kind of rounder at the bottom like a cucon thing? thanks
    F_M

Post Thanks / Like

went there yesterday morning, supposed to have 2000lb of trout planted, but got nothing please help!!! :(

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Chabot 10/9/07

Went to Chabot this morning. Tried the first dock until 8am but got no bites. Went down to Coots Landing and managed to catch my limit by 11:30. Had 8 bites and landed 6. All bites were on red powerbait, tried a silver kastmaster but had no luck. Biggest trout was about 3lbs, the rest were in the 1.5-2lb range. All in all it was a pretty good day.

-Ned