Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dell Valle/Chabot BIG FISH

hey bite, lafayette's been 3 fish per hr. in mornings then i have been fishing for LMB in afternoons. your right once again ol dude , i just didn't want to set the hook for jared ;).

Post Thanks / Like

hey thanks ol dude maybe your right thats probably why I havent been able to catch a damn thing there for a while. Well hey good luck tomorrow cant wait till I can make it out again. Hope you get the biggun'. Though they may not be the best fighters that'll sure be a hell of an experience with one of theose monsters on your line...Good Luck
    Jared

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jared… just guessing but I think what BMF was alluding to was fluorocarbon leaders and bait fishing… I use it exclusively for trolling applications but you might want to consider using a high quality mono line for bait leaders anyway… Fluorocarbon it not nearly as buoyant as mono… hence your catch might be suffering because your bait isn’t floating off the bottom like you want… My use is for fluoro getting every inch of depth with lures, low stretch for solid hook-ups… and fooling those leader shy fish…
    As far as those "trophy plant" big fish in Chabot…. Trust me on this… there is NO big skill set in catching them… they are like big grazing cows…. Opportunist feeders at best… after about a week they’ll start getting hungry enough to chase minnows… but they are not fast or terribly aggressive at all… That’s why they don’t fight very well… You just need to be at the right place at the right time… which is about 3” in front of their nose… with a slow retrieve and enough flash to trigger their bite response… Now... the very big hold-overs are a different story and I'll share that another time.... :-X ;D
    I'll be out there tomorrow in the morning... got a new prop for my trolling motor I need to try out....

Post Thanks / Like

yea i do, i have never lost a fish while using them.

Post Thanks / Like

BMF,

How has the fishing been at Lafayette recently?

Bite_This

Post Thanks / Like

no setem, i been fishing lafayette last few weeks.i'll probably try chabot next weekend. was wondering if you use fluorocarbon leaders when you fish bait?

Post Thanks / Like

BMF did you catch the trout?

Post Thanks / Like

hey ol dude and setem, that fish had your names on it i bet.i did hear a rumor that they had put 12 over 20lbs couple weeks ago in chabot.wish you guys much luck this weekend. oh,for some reason all my best action for those larger fish was always between 12:30 to 2:30pm. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

yup i saw the pic at the marina dude this thing was a giant. I had a feeling it was gonna be the record. wow cant believe that record was actually broken!!! :o :o

Post Thanks / Like

The Chabot fish was a record....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast