Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going to Melones saturday, any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by snoose
    I will be there both days, give a wave if ya see the pontoon with all the *[smiley=bananasplits.gif] [smiley=bananasplits.gif] on it The guys are right, for a first trip you cant beat tuttletown.
    I am trolling as close to the bank as I can get and even thinking of anchoring in the places I can get to *[smiley=lipsrsealed.gif] [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif] and tossing bait. I think a kastmaster is a good bet to toss Also
    Snoose
    Dude, pickup some side planers and use them to get your lure close by the shore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPFX
    They are right. *Just use the Tuttletown. *Just beyond the boat ramp is the more primative boat ramp which is used when the water gets real low. *You can drive your car down to the water. *I was there last week and had one rod using power bait and I was tossing out a lure with the other. *Don't know the name of the lure (but from what I saw, anything shiny worked) but the lure caught my 5 trout and there was not a single hit on my pb. *
    If you were throwing your lure anywhere near your PB, that explains the no bite....
    Dog

"I dont drink these days...I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics...I break out in handcuffs..."
    Robert Downey Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

I was also planning my first trip on Saturday as well. Give a wave i am in the yellow pontoon kicking it with my fins. planned on tuttletown access because of Thaifisher's earlier report. Or if my daughter feels like joining me then bank fishing instead, at eleven she either loves it or hates it depending on the current wind direction.
    Cory

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there both days, give a wave if ya see the pontoon with all the *[smiley=bananasplits.gif] [smiley=bananasplits.gif] on it The guys are right, for a first trip you cant beat tuttletown.
    I am trolling as close to the bank as I can get and even thinking of anchoring in the places I can get to *[smiley=lipsrsealed.gif] [smiley=lipsrsealed.gif] and tossing bait. I think a kastmaster is a good bet to toss Also
    Snoose

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys...I hope to hook the little one into her first trout....
    Dog

"I dont drink these days...I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics...I break out in handcuffs..."
    Robert Downey Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

Dog, check out my report on Melones 12/16 there some pics of nice trout.

PM me and I am willing to share the exact location in Tuttletown.

Always caught my limits there and some BIG one.

Merry Christmas

Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Post Thanks / Like

They are right. Just use the Tuttletown. Just beyond the boat ramp is the more primative boat ramp which is used when the water gets real low. You can drive your car down to the water. I was there last week and had one rod using power bait and I was tossing out a lure with the other. Don't know the name of the lure (but from what I saw, anything shiny worked) but the lure caught my 5 trout and there was not a single hit on my pb.

Post Thanks / Like

Tuttletown side should fit your needs, I believe you can drive right down to the water or very close anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thaifisher
    DeltaDog,Banking it is the way to go and use PB.
    Fish the main lake look for shallow flats and points.

Good luck

Thanks, any spots with, shall I say, user friendly access for a 5 yr. old little girl? Near a warm vehicle? Never been to Melones, this is why I ask...How's that Tuttletown access I read about earlier?
    * Dog

Robert Downey Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

DeltaDog,Banking it is the way to go and use PB.
    Fish the main lake look for shallow flats and points.

Good luck

Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast