Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can I Get Some Help?

I like to fish off of Hwy 4 in the sierras. Theres the Stanislaus off boards crossing road. There is the Stanislaus also by Spicers resovior. That one you take the spicers resovior exit and go down and you will cross over it about 3 miles down. There is also the north Fork of the Mok above Mosquito Lake and the Carson River down the pass. There is also highlands creek about theNorth fork of the mok too. I fish these streams all the time in the summer and I do well. I use predominatly salmon eggs but do get them on small spinners too like meps and panther martins. Good luck.

Littledude

Post Thanks / Like

From your profile I see that you're in Suisun, I don't know of any "good" trout streams in/around that area (maybe someone out there does). You're most likeyly going to have to travel a little ways to find some decent action if you limit yourself to rivers/streams... On the flip side, you're right on top of some great striper, sturgeon, and catfish areas. If you don't mind lakes for trout fishing, you also have a Amador approx. 1.25hr. East of you (just above Lodi), which holds some really nice fish. Lake Berryessa is also near you and holds a good population of small and large mouth bass.

YakMotor

First take some time to read the forum and try a local dealer for the latest copy of the Fish Sniffer Magazine. You can then ask about trout water near your location or within your driving distance. CA's a BIG state ... you didn't tell us where you live or thbe area you're interested in fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I Get Some Help?

Just moved to California from Utah and Im having the hardest time finding a producing trout stream. Anyone have any advice?