Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carson River Update

Yeah... Unless you have an exceptionally large dog, or an exceptional number of them, best they don't get too aggro with Mr. Bear- he will take their head off, no problem.

Good story. Went up that way myself this weekend, and WF Carson was very low. Spotted some fish (planters, mostly) but they were spooky as all getout. Eventually wound up with a couple fish from Silver and Red Lakes. But, the weekend was more of a social trip- it's hard for me to get my expectations up for a major holiday weekend like Labor Day...

Post Thanks / Like

Great story backed up with a great fish. That's one for the books. Good job!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear the fishing is still good, they just planted last week so I'm sure that helped! Must live closer to go up for a one day trip, it's a 4 1/2 hour drive for me! I'm so ready to go again though.

Post Thanks / Like

i think i will be making a trip to carson soon!!! probably bring my fly and spin rod... i dont know about camping though... anyone want to go on a one day trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Went up this Labor day weekend and it was great. For the two days that I was there caught and released about 50 trout and kept my limit but the big one eluded me. On the first day I hooked the big one and had it on the line for about a minute and a half but then with all the jumping and running he spit the hook. From the look of it when it was jumping, I estimate it about a little smaller than the one in the picture above. The second day I hooked another big one but not nearly as big. Maybe 4lber and same thing happened. Jumping and running and spitting out my hook. All other trout were a little over a 1 lb or smaller. It was fun and l can't wait to go back to the East Carson!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fish! I hope to catch one half the size!

Post Thanks / Like

What a beauty.....both of you ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Earlyo,
    If you’re going up on Labor Day go check out Heenan Lake between the river and Monitor pass about 5 miles or so from Carson River Resort.
    Its barb less artificial flies or lures, catch and release only for Cutthroat but their huge fish. Loads of fun.
    GC

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see if this works now! Here's my fish of a lifetime!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carson River Update Pictures!

There's my fish of a lifetime!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast