Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member FishItswuts4dinner's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would buy this reel?!?! Lol

Not me, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OVER PRICED IMO.....That reel ISN'T going to Guaranttee a(any) fish everytime you hit the water. I'd rather spend on other things like a boat, fishfinder, multiple rods and reels.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy (or gal) that buys this reel does NOT shop at Harbor Freight.

Pro Staff - MACK'S-SHASTA TACKLE CO
    Pro Staff - SCOTTY FISHING
    Pro Staff - SHARK TROLLING PRODUCTS
    Pro-Staff - WATER WOLF HD CAMERAS
    Ambassador - Pro-Cure Bait Scents

Post Thanks / Like

I fish with the lower end Shimano reels such as the Sahara and Sedona, and I love them. I can't imagine how the Stella reels must feel and perform. If I had the moneys I would buy one!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Who would buy this reel?!?! Lol

Shoot!! I looked it up and the spare spool is $149!! And its a spin reel.. I could buy 3 new rod and reels for the price of 1 reel? Well I bought my Super Lotto ticket tonight.. Good luck to me..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ONE View Post
    I agree, but this reel is meant for heavy salt water fishing where fish would take a tremendous and very high speed run. This is what this reel is built for.
    The person who uses this reel for its intended purpose doesn't make compromises. He won't use anything but the best tool for the job because if it isn't the best tool, he feels that the chance for failure is great. When he is fishing in the middle of nowhere, the thought in the back in his head that isn't wanted is the thought whether the equipment is going to fail.

I used to lead fly fishing trips to Loreto, Mexico. Some of my clients would arrive with heavy freshwater reels that would do the job on freshwater fish, but not on saltwater fish. Some time during the middle of these trips, someone's reel would fail (drags seize, drags exlode, spool arbors would get crushed under intense pressure). They would end up using someone else's spare (usually mine).

Denny
    Last edited by Denny1969; 04-01-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather spend the money on a guided trip to Lake El Salto:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pyros46290 View Post
    you know, this is one of those things like the ferrari enzo. its not a who would its a who can buy it thing. that reel does the same thing as a lot of other reels, but it is straight blingin. same thing as ferrari enzo. its just a car, but that thing is just badass. they both get from A to B, but I would take an enzo over a civic any day!

can i afford that reel? not yet, but when my time comes, price will just be a minor detail
    lol very true. i cant disagree with that one.

Post Thanks / Like

you know, this is one of those things like the ferrari enzo. its not a who would its a who can buy it thing. that reel does the same thing as a lot of other reels, but it is straight blingin. same thing as ferrari enzo. its just a car, but that thing is just badass. they both get from A to B, but I would take an enzo over a civic any day!

can i afford that reel? not yet, but when my time comes, price will just be a minor detail

Post Thanks / Like

i would buy if i had the money shoot i spent 450.00 on a japanese calcutta and i love it every bit

Post Thanks / Like

If I had the money and lived in an area of the world where I could use this reel regularly, I would buy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast