Thread: frenchmans lake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: frenchmans lake

any info on Davis? opn ice free etc

Old and In The Way
    Post Thanks / Like

It's clear of ice for sure. I was there on 4/18 and it was free of ice, and there hasn't been any weather that could refreeze it.

Post Thanks / Like

awesome news there, if that lake is clear of ice it will be a winner for sure... if your trolling u are gonna be having a good day and from shore just try by the dam and u should have some luck catching those 16 inchers there

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: frenchmans lake

Thks for the reply see you on the water gaffers guy

Old and In The Way
    Post Thanks / Like

Frenchman's is totally ice-free and is reportedly fishing well. Here's a report from Don Rotsma, http://www.flyfishwithdon.com/ .

"Frenchman's - April 30, 2010- Lake has been fishing very well from shore and some really nice fish are being caught. Several local anglers wanted me to wait to tell everyone the lake is almost red hot right now and I said it would not be posted until this afternoon. Between Davis and Frechmans last fall and summer these were the best lakes in the Sierra and should just get better this spring. Pro bably have some crowds, so be friendly and watch our for float tubers. Float tubers, be cautious and remember follow the regs on flotation device and distance to shore. You are being watched!"

Post Thanks / Like

Question frenchmans lake

Are we able to get into frenchmans lake? Thinking about camping in mid may gaffers guy