Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Carson question

Thanks, I did give it a shot walking upstream from the SR89 bridge (after negotiating all that terrible traffic from South Lake Tahoe

No luck, unfortunately, trying a variety of flies (nymphs, bugger, stimulator)...of course, I'm not the best caster, so the wind was also a problem. River looked to be in great shape, though.

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: West Carson question

All of the West Carson River along Highway 88 is open for hiking and fishing. Park at the Highway 88 bridge, the first bridge over 88 comming east from Carson Pass, Here you can walk up stream or down stream. Fish the deep holes and around the beaver dams. You can also access the river in Hope valley from the Highway 89 bridge. There is some private property along the Blue Lakes Road but across from the Hope Valley CG and upstream there is access.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

West Carson question

I'm trying to identify the Hope Valley area to do some fly fishing. I did a drive by today before checking in, and it looks like there is quite a bit of private property along the access road? Is the campground clearly identified and can I park there and walk to the river?

Thanks in advance for any info