Post Thanks / Like

Re: Central coast fishing question....

Quote Originally Posted by BeefCakeScout View Post
    Yeah, i've tried a little bit at morro,cayucos and avila but only caught more bait. Trying to find the fresh bite.
    I'd try night fishing at San Antonio Lake near Harris Creek with anchovies for catfish. If you have 2-rod stamps, you and your friend can spread your rods out along the shore. At Nacimiento, I'd do the 2-rod stamp thing and fish nightcrawlers off rocky points. The spotted bass seem to be in around 20 feet of water from what I've been hearing. Also, working the shoreline casting and working nightcrawlers slowly can work well. Otherwise, if you get to Naciento just before dawn, you can work the shoreline with small surface lures for some good action on spots and smallmouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepee View Post
    have u heard of guadalupe beach....??? i used to fish there all the time for perch..im from santa maria but i now live in stockton.
    iv never really fished freshwaters in the central coast mainly off da piers of avila, pismo, and gaviota....oh if u go along hwy 1 from morro bay goin towards cayucos u can fish on da beaches there for perch also...
    Yeah, i've tried a little bit at morro,cayucos and avila but only caught more bait. Trying to find the fresh bite.
    I saw a fish once...

Post Thanks / Like

have u heard of guadalupe beach....??? i used to fish there all the time for perch..im from santa maria but i now live in stockton.
    iv never really fished freshwaters in the central coast mainly off da piers of avila, pismo, and gaviota....oh if u go along hwy 1 from morro bay goin towards cayucos u can fish on da beaches there for perch also...

Post Thanks / Like

Central coast fishing question....

So as many know, I work most weeks in San Luis Obispo. My buddy from headquarters is on orders to come down next week so we wanna hit some local water. Was thinking Laguna for catfish. We are gonna hit Nacimiento on the way down and hopefuly get out to Santa Margarita in the middle of the week. What is our best bet for banking at Naci and SM? Species and size dont really matter, just wanna catch some fun fish. What say the sniffer board?
    I saw a fish once...