Post Thanks / Like

Re: getting sandworms

Quote Originally Posted by jeepee View Post
    snospdr......where do u get ur ghost shrimps at ?? do u dig it out your self or buy it??? if so, i know where to dig up some....i used to go with my uncle when i was young...by the golf course close to that museum in morro bay ....
    Jeepee..The last time I got ghost shrimp I went to that area near the museum and the State Park area that is exposed at a good low tide. It's been quite awhile, but we used a slurp gun we bought at Virg's Bait and Tackle. Recently I was online and saw a pretty easy way to make them, so I think I'll try to make one up and try it on a low tide. There are some good videos on You tube on using them for ghost shrimp. I think I'll also bring a pitchfork and do some digging to see if I can turnover some worms. Anyway, when I give it a try, I'll start a thread on it.

Post Thanks / Like

snospdr......where do u get ur ghost shrimps at ?? do u dig it out your self or buy it??? if so, i know where to dig up some....i used to go with my uncle when i was young...by the golf course close to that museum in morro bay ....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, great responses everyone. Thanks. I called Coyote Bait and they said they could ship some worms to me whenever I need some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FisherMienh View Post
    All the bait shops that I know of do not sell sandworms and i've called many places. half of them don't even know or how it looks like. I don't think they sell them but I could be wrong. (morro bay) if you go for perch I found this link on youtube. it's old but good info.

YouTube - Morro Bay Surf Perch Fishing

YouTube - Surf Perch Fishing At Morro Bay

sandworm.jpgPhoto0498.jpgPhoto0523.jpg
    Thanks for the Youtube info. I'll check it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepee View Post
    snospdr , what kind of fishing do you do out there in morro bay ? im from stockton but originally from santa maria. im comin home home in two weeks and plan to fish out in guadalupe beach for perch .
    what kind of fishing out in morro bay at this time of year and bait to use ? thanks bro.
    Hey Jeepee, I've had luck fishing for perch inside the bay using ghost shrimp, which can be pumped out of the flats at a very low tide. The last time I fished in the bay for perch, I fished from shore on an incoming tide. I did well on rubberlip perch in an area that seemed to have some weeds and was about a quarter mile before the rock.

Post Thanks / Like

never tried any beaches but in the SFbay there are a lot of pile worms under rocks on any mud / sandy shoreline.

Post Thanks / Like

All the bait shops that I know of do not sell sandworms and i've called many places. half of them don't even know or how it looks like. I don't think they sell them but I could be wrong. (morro bay) if you go for perch I found this link on youtube. it's old but good info.

YouTube - Morro Bay Surf Perch Fishing

YouTube - Surf Perch Fishing At Morro Bay

sandworm.jpgPhoto0498.jpgPhoto0523.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

snospdr , what kind of fishing do you do out there in morro bay ? im from stockton but originally from santa maria. im comin home home in two weeks and plan to fish out in guadalupe beach for perch .
    what kind of fishing out in morro bay at this time of year and bait to use ? thanks bro.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a great question. I've been wondering the same thing.
    I've been told that you can find worms (Don't know what kind though?) underneith mussles on rocks. They told me to pry off the mussles and the worms are usally underneith the mussles. I don't know how much truth there is to that though...
    Hopefully someone can enlighten us!

Post Thanks / Like

getting sandworms

I'm trying to figure out if anyone out there catches sandworms or similar saltwater worms off the California beaches and how they go about it. In my area (Morro Bay) none of the bait and tackle places carry them. Any help out there?