Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romeo's Bait and Tackle Grand Opening!!!

Wildturkey,

I am a little younger than you (not much)..And I also would buy sardines from Romeo's Bait Shop....They would wrap them in newspaper and tie a white string both ways around them!!! Them days are long gone!!!! Sad to say!!! But Johnny the new owner left the name the same and just improved a longtime historic bait shop and I for one am glad to see whats happened!!!

RF

Post Thanks / Like

"Grand Opening", I've been out of the picture for a long time, but 50, yes I said fifty years ago I was a regular every weekend at Romeo's!!!! I was in highschool and after a Friday night football game at Hughs Stadium I would drag my sore butt down to the bait shop and get "fresh" sardines!! Knew the owners and hung with the family back then. Who owns it now?

Wildturkey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroutGhost View Post
    Congratulations!

What time does the store open?

Opens at 5am and you should congrats the owner because i'm just a friend whose posting this for him lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!

What time does the store open?

Post Thanks / Like

Romeo's Bait and Tackle Grand Opening!!!

There has been a change of plans. The Grand Opening will be on Saturday, February 19th instead of February 5th. We will have huge sales on selected fishing equipment. We carry some of the finest fishing equipment in todays market along with all the bait you need. Here you will find Shimano, Daiwa, Okuma, Penn, Quantum, Pflueger, G-loomis, Lamiglass, and much much more. As far as bait goes, we have pile worms, blood worms, mudsuckers, nightcrawlers, fresh shad, lamprey eel, sardines, squid, anchovies, ghost shrimp, and even grass shrimp! In addition to the huge sales, we will have food and music all day long. Here at Romeo's we have a very courteous and friendly staff that will help you find exactly what you are looking for. So if you are free on Saturday February 19th please fill free to join us. Romeo's bait and tackle is located on 8120 Freeport blvd. Sacramento, Ca 95822.