Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going to the Napa River today!! 6/23 Brazos area

Funny you say that. Last fall was great for me and I landed quite a few fish on live bait, too water and even a few good fish trolling. That said i had my skunks too! Not much on the board for me this year other than a few undersize on each trip. Just odd to hear reports say it's been best in years and then then hear so many guys on the river say it is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Porem View Post
    That report was from October of last year. Word on the street has been that lots of large fish are in the river. I have marked quite a few and seen some rise but other than a few dinks my luck has been minimal. I have not seen a lot of big ones coming back to the launch either. Not sure if I am running the wrong bait or if they are not on the bite. Either way we will keep throwing the box at them.

Fishing for stripers has been slow in the river the last few years. Last fall was the worst I seen since I have
    fished the Napa River. I never got anything over 18" last year. That was in September. October was a bust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lukebz View Post
    What are you using this time of year for your striper success? Caught some off Red Rock using a nice umbrella rig. Think throwing that in the river would work?
    This time of year I think pile worms, grass shrimp and live bait are best. Cut bait works best starting in May or so. Where exactly is Red Rock? I read
    in the Sonoma Index Tribune that they are killing stripers and halibut in SPB and Red Rock was mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody been on the Napa lately? How's the water clarity? Is it muddy from the huge tides the past few days?

Post Thanks / Like

That report was from October of last year. Word on the street has been that lots of large fish are in the river. I have marked quite a few and seen some rise but other than a few dinks my luck has been minimal. I have not seen a lot of big ones coming back to the launch either. Not sure if I am running the wrong bait or if they are not on the bite. Either way we will keep throwing the box at them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishFINattick View Post
    10/9/14...Caught the tail end of the outgoing and the first couple hours
    of a very strong incoming tide. Bite was wide open!! Caught 6 with the
    largest around 14".
    What are you using this time of year for your striper success? Caught some off Red Rock using a nice umbrella rig. Think throwing that in the river would work?

Post Thanks / Like

Fish reports keep saying bigger Stripers are in the river. I been plugging from shore south of brazzos for a big fat skunk each time for a couple weeks so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about right. Im going to continue throwing my lures until they get there.

Post Thanks / Like

3/9-15....Got my license so I decided to head out and see what's happening out there!! Fished a hour of the incoming with chovies
    for nothing!! Not even a scratch. I tossed out my fish trap to see if the grass shrimp are in. Nothing!! Conclusion...no grass shrimp..
    no stripers yet. Water is still pretty mud stained right now and will not try again until end of month or early April.

Post Thanks / Like

10/27/14...Fished the last hour of the outgoing and about 2 hrs of the incoming.
    Caught a total of 11. Two or three of them were in the 18" range. Watched a guy
    on the other dock catch a just under keeper on a big mudsucker. May go out
    today.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast