Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to catch suspended carp

Quote Originally Posted by bretmoua View Post
    treble hook them boogers LOL
    Even though carp isn't consider as a game fish, it is also illegal to snag them believe it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

treble hook them boogers LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKUNKED AGAIN View Post
    Hey guys I need some advise on how to catch suspended carp. Carp that are on the surface just sun bathing or just cruzing the shallows. Bait, setup, all that is needed. I know some fisherman look adown at carp as not a sporting fish but if its in the water and looks to be about 15lbs I wanna try and catch it. Any suggestions would be happily considered
    Zig rig, google that and see what you come up with. Check out bigcarptackle.com for the necessary tackle and bait.

"WHere were you fishing?" Bigg A's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Peanut butter, bread, flour, and 2 eggs......Wet the bread but don't soak it, add pb flour and eggs and mix together. If the dough is too soft, add more flour until the consistency is right and its also a good idea to place the dough in a cooler with an ice pack, if not......the dough tends to become soft in the heat because of the oil in the pb. If there's no current then try what whofish suggested about no weight.....suspended carp will also hit under a float with the bait suspended as well. Good luck and let us know how you do.
    Last edited by Bigg A; 07-10-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

line, hook and no sinker.

Use peanut butter with a bread and mold it onto your hook and into a ball.

The bread will keep the hook float and the peanut oil will releases its crap attractant enzymes for a nice catch.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Best setup...10 lbs test with 7 or bigger stiff rod...i would use corn nugget as bait (if it is still legal) might wanna chk the fish n game booklet as corn in some area are forbidden because fish cant digest them...Let us know how you do...good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Bow and arrow?
    I saw a fish once...

Post Thanks / Like

How to catch suspended carp

Hey guys I need some advise on how to catch suspended carp. Carp that are on the surface just sun bathing or just cruzing the shallows. Bait, setup, all that is needed. I know some fisherman look adown at carp as not a sporting fish but if its in the water and looks to be about 15lbs I wanna try and catch it. Any suggestions would be happily considered