Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ***feather river salmon***

Good for DFG & sutter county(are you sure it was sutter county and not DFG)!! There are no boat limits inland. This begs the question, If you are on the river and see someone catching an overlimit what do you do? The caltip number is there on your lisence. Clearly he is over the limit if he keeps 3 fish.
    A veteran - Whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to the "United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is an Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from the mouth with nada. But

A guy above me caught a monster then 2 more. To bad for him.

About noon the DFG survey guys come down the feather and go to the first boat upstream and I hear them loudly ask how they were doing and then converse for another 5 minutes then weirdly don't talk to anybody else and head back upstream.

The upstream guys that DFG talked to pick up anchor, strap on web gear and ease down to the guy with one to many. At this point in this gentleman's life they start writing and confiscate the fish. They were Sutter County Sheriffs. They were there when I got there at 5:30 looking like everybody else. Seems we were all under the glass from DFG most of the morning.

Sucks for the da with 3. All he had to do was hand the pole to his partner after 2 and he would still have his 2 fish, fishing license and the cash he won't have soon.

Play by the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

4800 cfs.. anyone doing any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Flow is up to 3200 cfs

Post Thanks / Like

Morning fellas,
    Went down this morning and found what looked to be a good hole below the outlet. I was throwing Mepps for about an hour then had to go to work. Sure was pretty but the water was still with no rollers and I came home empty handed. I'll try again next week. Went up to the outlet and it was good to see it boiling with salmon.
    Tight lines,
    FP

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: ***feather river salmon***

Finally hooked up to a hog this morning under the outlet, Fought it for about 10minutes and it went into the snag hole. That was all she wrote

Post Thanks / Like

My son went out for a few hours by the 1000' sign and they were rolling, but he didn't hook one throwing spinners. They're letting a little more water out of the afterbay.. 2300 cfs up from the 1700 it's been since salmon season opened. Hopefully they open it up to 3500-4000 in time for the fall run.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the east side of the Oroville Wildlife area this morning from about 6 am until about noon. Caught one steelie ( wild and released) and three suckers. Moved up to the deadline and saw fish rolling but no one landed anything. Still very few people out there. The outlet has quite a bit of fish splashing. Went up to the fish barrier dam and the salmon are so thick that it would be impossible to throw a rock and not hit two fish. It looks like pretty much most of the fish are at the dam or in the outlet with a few others scattered throughout the system. Water was nice both when in waders and when in shorts. Saw two boats all day, 1 warden truck and a creel survey crew in a drift boat. Steelies were splashing all over around 7 am. If you go be persistent as the fish are few and far between right now.

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

06/29/2011 2014
    06/30/2011 2000
    07/01/2011 1958
    07/02/2011 1743
    07/03/2011 1576
    07/04/2011 1526
    07/05/2011 1533
    07/06/2011 1762
    07/07/2011 1930
    07/08/2011 1928
    07/09/2011 2163
    07/10/2011 2359
    07/11/2011 2397
    The stanislaus river has had its flows cut during holidays in the past. I believe its for public safety as well. The white water rafters must hate it. They get a 3 day weekend and go rafting to find a creek instead of a raging river. Stikman

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you know the area or not. You take 162 West and left on Larkin Rd. This takes you out to the Outlet at Thermalito. You can fish 1000 feet downstream of the Outlet and it's marked on both sides. From here downstream all the way to the mouth of the Feather at Verona is open season!

Good to hear the report of lots of fish. Thanks

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast