Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat Ramp Etiquitte

Sadly, those three words that you have chosen as a subject for this thread say it all! The first two, "boat" and "ramp" go together well, toss in that lovely phrase " etiquette" and everything changes......in day to day driving, most of us spend 99%+ of the time driving in a forward direction, minus a trailer! Sooooo,less than 1% of the time we are pulling a trailer, backing it up even less time! How many people do we all see regularly here in California who have no manners, no courtesy, etc. When driving along the road? Too many, I suspect! Add this to driving backwards with a trailer, drinking, listening to a car load of screaming children.......just my less than pair 'O pennies....Bob

Post Thanks / Like

The time: Last summer; late August or around there

The place: Discovery Park Boat Ramp

After getting done with my day of fishing, I made it back to a busy ramp filled with civillian boaters waiting, crowding their way up much like the salmon upriver. I finally get to where I am the second guy in line, awaiting my turn while parked at the dock watching the guy in front of me. This guy drives an old Ford pickup with a camper shell in pretty cherry shape. He pulls down, hooks up, when a young man in a half ton Chevy truck is backing down the middle portion of the ramp a 22' fully loaded ski/wake board combo boat that seemed to dwarf the pickup that towed it. The boat came down crooked due to stellar driving skills, he stops and goes to straighten out when he cannot catch traction due to the weight of the boat thus the huge boat with the little truck came down the ramp, tires skidding and all, hits the Ford truck who was going to leave but was interrupted by this yahoo. To make a very long story short, the guy in front of me wanted to treat the area as a crime scene and he wouldn't budge. I had to jump over to the other side/ramp #2 and wait again for another 30 plus minutes....Drinkin Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, the ramp can be quite the gong show but I also think most everyone has been 'that guy' at least one time.

Post Thanks / Like

It always amazes me how people don't get @ the ramp. When I pulled up yesterday there was guy loading his stuff into the boat in the staging area, and a guy waiting, then me... I was ready to go. He finally got it into the water where there is only one dock, so you would think he would notice two people waiting on him.... no, he pulls his trailer out into the hosedown area and hoses it down while his boat takes up space on the only dock, w/people waiting. He finally parked his rig and got under way. The single ramp then cleared quickly.

1989 Arriva 2000 Force 125

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fowledup View Post
    Headlights on, if it is a late model Chevy it may not be the drivers fault. The truck will not let them drive without the headlights on. IMO the worst feature and what I hate the most about my truck. Happy New Year everyone.
    Good Info,forgot about that,many cars an trucks the lights are computer controlled an will stay lit as long as the vehicle is running,Thanks fowledup...............Don

Post Thanks / Like

Headlights on, if it is a late model Chevy it may not be the drivers fault. The truck will not let them drive without the headlights on. IMO the worst feature and what I hate the most about my truck. Happy New Year everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

To bad the boat lice do not read the fishsniffer!

Post Thanks / Like

I always wondered why we do not need a licence to drive a boat? You can get a B.W.I. so if these jerks go through a test and do get thier boat licence when they mess up they get it suspended :)

Thats why i like lakes with 5-10mph speed limit, like Amador or Mcswain. The wakeboard dudes and there 18 speakers blasting crap music so loud you can here it across the lake, don't like it there. Woodward lake in Oakdale, were i like to bass fish, has a sherrif at each ramp at the end of the day to avoid fights. If not people get out of thier boat and continue to drink and carry on whlie they slowly laod up there crap and drive away drunk, lol.

Don't get me wrong i like loud music in the right setting and i can chug beer like a frat boy but again theres a time and a place.
    A bad fisherman will leave trash and take fish.
    A good fisherman will leave fish and take trash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    If I wasnt into fishing so much when I get to the lake,
    I'd video tape some of the stupid stuff and make a movie.

the fanciest boats and rigs do the best antics ..
    TOO TRUE!! Most fishing boats at least seem to make an effort to get out there quickly, it's places like Camp Far West that's full of waterskiers that r the worst...and they are not there when I launch, but its loaded when i come back in around noon...then you enjoy some blasting headbanging tunes from the tattoed jerkoffs, who back up to the water, then start loading beer and dogs and whatever into the boat. Not that I mind watching the bikinis...but when youre done youre ready to get off the water, not idling by the dock.

Post Thanks / Like

If I wasnt into fishing so much when I get to the lake,
    I'd video tape some of the stupid stuff and make a movie.

the fanciest boats and rigs do the best antics ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast