Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here' they are ..the DFG's striper reg change proposals

Not just undersized but I think that might be a green sturgeon to boot. That photo doesn't help the cause, we should be showing we are conservation minded. The water agencies could use that pic to undermind that we are also about conservation not just fishing.

Fisherman4life1957 Change your photo!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by AnglingWes
    Let's not loose perspective here. This is a proposed change in regs, NOT legalizing or encouraging poaching.

(Just a note: Walk gently around poaching topics when displaying pictures of yourself holding undersized sturgeon. )
    LOL,you noticed that too!!Just for a quick pic is ok I guess?...Don
    Anglingwes
    It was tangled up in some vegetation and had a quick pic and back in the water it went .
    Born to fish and hunt !! forced to work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnglingWes View Post
    Let's not loose perspective here. This is a proposed change in regs, NOT legalizing or encouraging poaching.

(Just a note: Walk gently around poaching topics when displaying pictures of yourself holding undersized sturgeon. )
    LOL,you noticed that too!!Just for a quick pic is ok I guess?...Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishrman4life1957 View Post
    I can't wait for my grandkids ask me to take them striper fishing and i tell them the following ''well kids i liked to but along time ago dfg changed the regulations and legalized poaching .

Last edited by AnglingWes; 11-09-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait for my grandkids ask me to take them striper fishing and i tell them the following ''well kids i liked to but along time ago dfg changed the regulations and legalized poaching . Well it used to be 2 fish and min 18'' to 12 fish and 12'' so that is why i can't you striper fishing.
    Because of dgf there is no more stripers in the delta.
    I believe should bombard dfg's email address until full !
    Born to fish and hunt !! forced to work

Post Thanks / Like

So if DF&G can't fight the water people who can?The water people have the money an have bought an paid for a lot of favor's from the higher ups an can an will buy more,the people of Calif.can counter that with letters,phone calls,an their Votes,bought an paid for people can be replaced...you,all your relatives,friends,neighbors an like minded people more than out number the opposition, an can, if organized wage a campaign an get noticed,the biggest problem is someone needs to run the whole thing an pull everybody together!!!Until that happens your Vote means nothing..JMHO.....Don>>>If this post seems stupid tell me an I'll Pull it<<<

Post Thanks / Like

Marty admits the Striper numbers are way down this year!!! Which begs the question....if the numbers are already down....why increase the bag limit and reduce the size??? I could see if the numbers were huge and the listed species were in trouble but thats not the case. Yes the listed species are in trouble but the Stripers are as low as ever as well. And Marty admitted that he/DFG knows the Striper is not the sole reason or even the biggest reason for the Salmon decline and he said DFG is very aware the water is the issue but he basically said they cant fight the water people and lowering the Striper numbers will help Salmon!! Marty did NOT KNOW how much it would help.....but said Stripers eat Salmon smolts and fewer Striper would equal fewer smolts eaten?? I also liked when Mike Gravert (Intimadator Sportfishing) said that there used to be an incoming turn around tide at Freeport?? There is so much water pumped out that does not happen anymore!!! Very good point Mike!!!

RF

Post Thanks / Like

Think of southeast asian countries.

Since the war, the nets are getting bigger and the catches are getting smaller.

Why? Because there is no regulation over there. They catch and keep it all.

Thinning out the striper's population eh? This must be a joke. In due time, I wouldn't even need me a shot calling thread but a begging thread and asking to where all of my beautiful stripers have gone to.

This issue sounds more like a business issue than a humanity one.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish everyone could have heard the back stepping DFG did when asked tonight about how they could allow a big harvest like this knowing they have been telling us all along to NOT EAT that many fish because of mercury???? And now they are saying......eat a bunch!!! Hmmmmmm NO ANSWER!!!!

RF

Post Thanks / Like

deleted by fowled up
    Last edited by fowledup; 11-09-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast