Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shadow Cliffs.... I see you...

I float tube Shadow Cliffs regularly in the winter months. I've gone each weekend over the past month and done well....in the middle of the lake. Comparing it to last year though...(when I absolutley killed it, see pictures), so far this year we haven't had that "cold snap" to get the weeds down where it is shallower. When this happens, I notice that the guys on the docks do a little better. This past Monday (12/26), I hooked 15 fish. One was a 5lb'r on a nightcrawler and poweregg. I saw several boaters bait fishing get into some larger fish as well. So basically, I think it'll get better if it ever gets real cold. DSC00427.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

fishing there has been really slow lately. best times i have come across are 8-10 and again from 3-5. midday it comepletely dies out from my experience. i have noticed tubers doing really well. i have landed a few on kastmasters and power worm and egg combos.

Post Thanks / Like

Dint they use to plant Thunder trout there?

Every job is a self portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the striper board, "12/17 shocker", for pics of the 17+lb line sider pulled out of there recently

~RNP
    Last edited by redneckpunk; 12-23-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: added info

Post Thanks / Like

fished here today. it is s-l-o-w.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish there on the weekends on the second 1st dock and I have only caught one nice trout but some other people have caught some really nice ones. Power eggs and Power worms is what i see a lot of people using and it seems to work.

Post Thanks / Like

i have been hitting that place up at least once a week. have pulled a few nice ones out over the past week. but im a banker near the first dock. lately they have been going deep because of the water being cloudy. when its clear they are roaming at about 5 to 10 feet down. but i have been finding them at about 25-30 right now.
    hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Keith,

I work about 2 minutes from there. Didn't know anything was happening. Went there last year a couple of times and froze my @$$ off in my tube and came home with a very large migrating birds next generation (Goose Egg).
    Went to Del Valle a few weeks ago and got a nice one on my flyrod and a bugger though. I Imagine the Cliffs would be about the same? Waters cold and the Trout should be active -

Tight Lines, Big Game
    Fishing Defined: A Jerk on one end of a line waiting for a Jerk on the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keith2010 View Post
    Oh well, I guess no one here.
    Sorry bout that Keith,not many guys on fishing boards go there alot,not sure why there have been some good reports an fish from there in the past,so far this year not so much....Don

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, I guess no one here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast