Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berryessa 1/28/12

Don't forget to retie ur knots on the apexes. I use 2 hooks with egg loop knots on each. Several times I have netted a fhatty and the fish fell OFF into the net. The factory knots and line SUCK.

Fish on

Post Thanks / Like

ott2fish,
    Welcome to the boards and thanks for the post. See you on the water sometime. Kokenut ( Jeff)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Those Apexes really produce at times. Regards.

Post Thanks / Like

Silver grey seemed to be the best. Hit one on blue/pink. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Great day on the lake!!! Thanks for sharing the info. Did any particular color stand out on the Apex lures?

Post Thanks / Like

Berryessa 1/28/12

Beautiful day on the water. Fished just outside free launch to Spanish Flat. On water by 8:15. Dr. Ho complains that I'm late and that we've missed fish. He puts out a Pims Minnow and before I can wet my line it's "fish on". Damn, the captain gives it up for the crew again :). Anyway, Ho pulls in the fat trout of the day. Nice rainbow. The captain gets even with two Kokes on silver Apex. One in surface, one on flashers 15' down. Both on Apex. Our third wheel gets on the board by 10:15 with a nice trout on Apex. We boat four more trout by 1:30. 2 were lost at the boat. Caught an unknown fish that a local said was a "squab" (???) but I dont know. All in all 8 fish on board. Apex coated with pro-cure carp spit seemed to be the ticket. Caught fish pretty constant (every 30 minutes) or when ever we made a MakersMark offering to the gods. Fish were humping all over the place all day. Threw wee tads, needle fish and cripples at them with no luck. We stayed in what seemed 80' of water, trolled at 1.7. Water temp was 51 F. Thanks again to Starcraft27 for the early intel. May all your lines be tight with hogs. I'm new at this so I'll try to figure out how to post photos at some point.