Senior Member Sac/Striper/Slayer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: newbie question about the port of sac

Quote Originally Posted by sp0rty0jae View Post
    yup WLShafor, thats the one. thanks for the replies guys. maybe i'll try night fishing there sometime.
    if you fish that spot be aware there are a lot of shady people that come into that parking lot at night and do shady things. i have done several all nighters out there and it is very interesting. i dont really like that spot anyways cause the fishing hasnt been good to me there. if you walked down the levee road to the industrial bridge or past it might be better. too much pressure right by the parking lot
    The way to a man's heart is through his fly!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: newbie question about the port of sac

yup WLShafor, thats the one. thanks for the replies guys. maybe i'll try night fishing there sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never closes.
    Just be careful there after dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking a out Barge Canal Access off of Jefferson Blvd sacramento CA?

I have stayed about 2 hours after sunset before and people where still coming to fish. I have wondered about when or DFG / Park Ranger closes this access up.
    Regard Heaven as your father, Earth as your mother, and all things as your brothers and sisters.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking newbie question about the port of sac

hey guys, I've never fished for stripers, but have heard (and read on here) about the port of sacramento/deep water channel. my question is, do those gates ever close at night or can we stay there for as long as we want? ive fished there a few times but left before the sun went down, but noticed that other fishermen were just arriving as i was packing up. im not really in the mood to get a citation when i can use that money for bait/gear/gas.